Saturday, October 5, 2013

My Modern Day Hero


     When I was just a child, I always loved watching cartoons especially the ones that has superheroes. As far as I can remember, those cartoons were Superman, Batman, Ben 10, Power Rangers and many more. I dreamed that one day I would become a superhero. As I reach the age of 8, I got bored of cartoons and learned that superheroes don't really exist in the real world. That discovery broke my heart and shattered my dream.
     When I was in elementary, my HEKASI teacher discussed to us about the Philippine History. She told us how the Spaniards conquered our country and enslaved the Filipinos for 333 years. She also told us how the Filipinos broke free from the invader's hands and took back our country.I discovered that heroes do exist, although they are not "super". Heroes like Jose Rizal, Lapu-lapu, Bonifacio and many great heroes started a rebellion against the invaders and succeeded. All of them sacrificed their lives for the sake of the Filipinos.  My spirit was lightened, I had a new dream to meet these courageous heroes. But sadly, Rizal and the others lived many years ago. My dream will always remain as a dream.
     In a mature age, that's when it hit me. All this time I wanted to meet a hero personally but they are actually by my side since the moment  I was born. 
     My heroes are my parents! I said this because it is true. Without them, I would not have existed. When I came into this world, they were the first two people who took care of me. They were awake for countless nights to make me stop crying. They fed me, bathed me and even changed my undies. They gave me all the things I needed. They are my first teachers-they taught me how to read and count, and  good manners, discipline and moral. When I started to go to school, they helped me in my assignments and projects ,and helped me understand the lessons. They work all day to meet our daily needs. As I grow, I learned to stand on my own but still they are always at my side ready to assist me when I fall.
       Mama, Papa, you guys are my Hero! Thank you for everything you've done for me. I love you guys so much! I owe you guys a debt of gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment